Home / News / Can the gasoline filter not be changed for a long time?
Can the gasoline filter not be changed for a long time?
The fuel filter cannot be replaced for a long time. Failure to replace it for a long time will lead to high fuel consumption and even damage to the gasoline pump.
The hazards of not changing the fuel filter are as follows:
1. The function of the fuel filter is to filter the dust particles in the fuel. If it is not replaced for a long time, the filter element will be blocked, and then the fuel throughput will be reduced, and the engine power will be reduced, resulting in high fuel consumption. The oil pressure regulator of some models is on the fuel rail, and the fuel pump will be damaged after the fuel filter is blocked. Because the pressure of the gasoline pump increases after the filter element is blocked, the pump will be damaged if the gasoline pump operates at high load for a long time.
2. The clogging of the gasoline filter element can also cause poor fuel atomization, affect the imbalance of the mixture ratio, and cause carbon deposition due to insufficient combustion; The carbon deposit will increase the weight of the three-way catalytic converter and pollute the spark plug and front oxygen sensor, which will cause excessive emissions and other fault problems.
3. Generally, the external fuel filter element is replaced at about 150 yuan, and it is generally replaced every 60000 kilometers. Built-in parts are expensive because of the trouble of disassembly and assembly. They are usually replaced every 80000 kilometers. The built-in fuel filter is wrapped around the gasoline pump. There is an oil pressure regulator on the fuel filter housing. Although the oil pump will not be damaged after serious blockage, the engine will shake and it is difficult to speed up. So it should also be replaced regularly.
The recommended replacement cycle of fuel filter shall vary according to its structure, performance and use, and cannot be generalized. The recommended replacement period for the normal maintenance of the external filter of most automobile manufacturers is 48000 km; The recommended replacement period for conservative maintenance is 192-2400 km. If you are unsure, please read the owner's manual to find out the correct recommended replacement cycle.
In addition, when the filter hose has aging or cracks caused by dirt such as mud, oil, etc., it needs to be replaced in time.
Precautions for replacing gasoline filter
(1) After replacing and installing the gasoline and oil grids, pay attention to the tightness of the interface and be alert to oil leakage;
(2) For air grids and air conditioning grids, ensure the overall sealing after replacement;
(3) Take care of the gasoline grid and try to use the matching grade gasoline specified by the automobile manufacturer.
The filter is marked with oil inlet and outlet arrows. Do not install 3 when replacing